Dining out with children isn’t easy, especially when your child is a busy little toddler that is all excited and hyper with all the pretty things inside the restaurant. Plenty of parents stop dining out entirely while their kids are still small. Babysitters often aren’t an option for many parents who just don’t trust other people with their precious little ones. They skip out on great food and great outings with friends for years, which is quite sad and lonely.
At Lulu’s Restaurant, we welcome people from all walks of life including your tiny toddler. Here are a few great tips that will make it much easier to dine at the best chopped-salad restaurant when you bring your child along.
Pick the right place
One of the best things to do when dining out with a toddler is to pick the right place. Lulu’s is a great place to dine out with your kids because we are entirely family-friendly. Our restaurant is casual, laid back and the general design of our dining area makes it a relatively quiet place to sit and relax.
Don’t take your toddler out when he or she is tired
Taking a tired child out to dinner is one of the best ways to have the worst time ever. Toddlers that are tired are fussy, clingy, they cry all the time, they shout, throw tantrums and it is impossible to calm them down. Make sure your child gets enough nap time before you head out to the restaurant so your little one won’t get out of control.
Bring along a few extras
Kids, in general, cannot sit still for a very long time and an hour of dining is a very-very long time for a small child. A bag of toys can be tremendously helpful. Your little one can play at the table with various toys and stay busy. Here are a few good examples of great toys to keep your little one content;
- Duplo Lego blocks are great for building and for fantasy play. This will keep your little one busy for quite a while.
- Play dough is also incredible. Just be sure to pick a type that is taste friendly. You can also add some colorful craft items like beads, feathers, and eyeballs so your little one can build monsters or animals at the table.
- A busy bag like a coloring book with crayons and some stickers can also be great at the table.
- GEO boards with rubber bands are interesting and great for improving fine motor skills.
- Your child’s favorite toy or play set can also be very helpful at the table.
- A discovery box filled with unusual items like fidget toys, figurines, cars and more can also be great.
- Puzzles are also amazing.
You really do need to get your food to the table ASAP because nothing will keep a toddler content on the table for too long. Order your food first thing even if it means rushing a waiter. You can also emphasize the urgency so your food will be prepared as quickly as possible.
Don’t order sweet treats
Steer clear of sugar rushes by skipping out on desserts and sweet treats. Lulu’s restaurant has “the best burger in San Fernando Valley” that any child will love and that won’t spike energy levels. We also have a wide range of other healthy meals that are great tasting and perfectly suitable for tiny toddlers.
Lulu’s Restaurant is a great place to take the entire family whenever you need a break from the house or from cooking and with these tips any of your restaurant trips will be a lot more pleasant for both you and your little one.